Connecting to Magento
Magento is an open-source digital commerce platform written in PHP.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Magento, exporting Magento data to CSV files, replicating Magento data to relational databases, and synchronizing Magento data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports Magento backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Magento.
To connect to Magento (Ver2), you need to specify the url to connect to and the user name and password to log in.
You need to specify the following general parameters for Magento connection:
- Name — connection name that will be used to identify the connection in the objects list and when selecting a connection for a package.
- Domain — address of your Magento store.
- Service Version — Magento version to connect to.
- User — user name to log in with.
- Password — password to log in with (it is required only for Ver2).
- API Key — an automatically generated key that is used for connecting to Magento. You can find the API Key in the User information section of your Magento dashboard.
Metadata Cache — this parameter determines how often the cached metadata are updated. By default, Skyvia caches metadata of available objects in cloud sources. When creating a connection, you can configure how often cache is refreshed or, when the connection already exists, you can reset it manually on the Connection Editor page by clicking the Clear Cache button. The following values are available for this setting:
- Disabled — metadata cache is not created; metadata are queried automatically whenever the connection is opened.
- One Hour — metadata cache expires one hour after the last refresh; it is refreshed when the connection is opened again.
- One Day — metadata cache expires one day after the last refresh; it is refreshed when the connection is opened again.
- One Week — metadata cache expires one week after the last refresh; it is refreshed when the connection is opened again.
- One Month — metadata cache expires one month after the last refresh; it is refreshed when the connection is opened again.
- Infinite — cache is never reset automatically. Default value.