Working with Backups
As well as the other Skyvia objects, backups are available in the object list, and you can manage them as well as other Skyvia objects. You can organize them into folders, edit or delete them, filter by name or data source, etc.
To display only backups, switch to the Backups tab on the workspace toolbar. For backups, Skyvia displays when the backup package was created and last modified. The following Quick Actions are available for backups:
- Settings — opens backup for editing.
- Log — opens the list of backup snapshots.
- Activity — opens the backup activity log.
You can create a new backup from the New menu, following a simple instruction.
Backup Details Page
When you open a backup, a backup details page opens. It consists of a title bar and four tabs. If you need to create a snapshot manually, click the Run button on the title bar.
By using the button, you can delete your backup package with all its snapshots to the Trash bin. Deleted backups with their snapshots will be stored in the Trash for two weeks, and you can restore them during this time. After two weeks, they are deleted completely. Whenever necessary, you can delete objects from the Trash. In this case, they are deleted completely, and are unrecoverable.
This tab displays general information about the backup:
- Backup connection, which you can open from this tab immediately.
- The number of snapshots and how much space they take and how much space all your backups take together.
- The last snapshot details — when it was started and finished, how many records it contains, how many records were modified since the previous snapshot, and the number of errors, if any.
- The date and time when the next snapshot will be made.
On this tab, you can also manage your storage space and delete old snapshots.
This tab displays the list of all operations, performed with this backup and their details. Here you can view all the backup activity.