Connecting to Freshworks CRM
Freshworks CRM is a cloud-based CRM (customer relationship management) solution that helps businesses across different industry verticals to manage their interactions with existing and potential customers. The CRM includes sales force automation, marketing automation, chat and telephony all in one solution.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Freshworks CRM, exporting Freshworks CRM data to CSV files, replicating Freshworks CRM data to relational databases, and synchronizing Freshworks CRM data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Freshworks CRM.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Freshworks CRM.
Freshworks-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Freshworks CRM:
In the Data Integration product, Freshworks CRM connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Freshworks CRM in your package.
- Skyvia supports data modification operations (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) in such objects as: AccountNotes, Accounts, CompletedTasks, ContactNotes, Contacts, DealNotes, Deals, DueTodayTasks, DueTomorrowTasks, OpenTasks, OverdueTasks, PastAppointments, SalesActivities, UpcomingAppointments.
Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates selected for Freshworks CRM objects, which have either the UpdatedDate or CreatedDate field.
Thus, such objects as AccountFiles, AccountNotes, Accounts, CompletedTasks, ContactActivities, ContactFiles, ContactNotes, Contacts, DealFiles, DealNotes, Deals,DueTodayTasks, DueTomorrowTasks, OpenTasks, OverdueTasks, PastAppointments, SalesActivities, UpcomingAppointments can be relicated with incremental updates.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for Freshworks CRM objects, which have either the UpdatedDate or CreatedDate field as well. Thus, such objects as Accounts, Contacts, Deals, AccountNotes, ContactNotes, DealNotes, SalesActivities and objects having in their name Tasks and Appointments can be synchronized.
Contacts table: despite the fact that when importing data to the Contacts table, there are no required fields specified for the mapping, you still need to map at least one of the following fields for the correct INSERT operation: Emails, MobileNumber or ExternalId.
Please note that the Contact table also has an Email field, but it is stated as deprecated in the Freshworks CRM documentation. That is why it is recommended to use the Emails array field instead.
- Tasks table: when importing table records from one data source to Freshworks CRM, please note that you can import records to any of the mentioned tables: OpenTasks, DueTodayTasks, DueTomorrowTasks, OverdueTasks and CompletedTasks. The system will anyway analyse records, filter them based on the status and DueDate value and send to the proper table(s).
- Appointments table: when importing table records from one data source to Freshworks CRM, please note that you can import records to such tables: PastAppointments, UpcomingAppointments. The system will filter appointments based on the status and send records to the proper table.
Freshworks CRM Connections
To connect to Freshworks CRM, you need to specify the following parameters:
- URL — an url to connect to; the url should be copied and pasted without slash at the end.
- API Key — a unique API key of a Freshworks CRM user. See the Freshworks CRM documentation to read more information about the API key.
- Contacts View Id — the id of Freshworks CRM view, displaying all contacts.
- Accounts View Id — the id of Freshworks CRM view, displaying all accounts.
- Deals View Id — the id of Freshworks CRM view, displaying all deals.
How to Find an API Key:
The API Key can be found in your Freshworks CRM account. For this, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Freshworks CRM account;
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner of the page;
- In the drop-down list, click Settings;
Switch from Email Settings to API Settings.
How to Find View Ids for Accounts, Contacts and Deals
You can find the View Id value for each of the three objects in your Freshworks CRM account. For this, perform the following steps:
- Click the menu on the left in your Freshworks CRM account.
- Select the object to switch to. For example, we select Accounts. By default, records will be filtered by the All Accounts view.
- Copy Accounts View Id in the URL and paste to the corresponding box of your Freshworks CRM connection.
Perform the same steps with Contacts and Deals View Ids.
Please note if you want to display all Accounts in Skyvia, you select the All Accounts view in your Freshworks CRM account and copy the View Id from the URL.
However, if you want to display only the Accounts you are the owner of, you click the Open all views icon, select My Accounts view and copy its Id from the URL.
If you want to get all records from the Accounts, Contacts and Deals tables, you need to copy the View Ids from the URLs, which correspond to All Accounts, All Contacts, All Deals.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Freshworks CRM connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.