Connecting to Zuora
Zuora is the leading monetization platform for businesses to launch and manage subscription-based services.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Zuora, exporting Zuora data to CSV files, and replicating Zuora data to relational databases. It does not support synchronizing Zuora data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Zuora.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Zuora.
Zuora-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following features and limitations for Zuora:
In the Data Integration product, Zuora connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Zuora in your package.
- Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates enabled are not supported for objects without CreatedDate or UpdatedDate fields. Both fields must be present for for synchronization. Replication with incremental updates requires at least one of the fields. Thus, only the following objects support synchronization:
- Custom objects
The following objects DO NOT have the corresponding fields, and thus, don’t support replication with incremental updates:
Custom objects are fully supported for Zuora.
The ProductRatePlanCharges object does not support the INSERT operation.
Some of the PaymentMethods object fields are masked to hide sensitive information, like credit card numbers or bank account numbers. This means that you can load data into these fields normally, but when you query values of these fields, they are returned with most of the characters replaced with the asterisk character. There is no way to retrieve the complete values again via Zuora API. For example, the BankTransferAccountNumber field works in such a way.
The following objects are considered deprecated in Zuora API and are implemented as read-only in Skyvia: CreditBalanceAdjustments, InvoiceAdjustments, InvoiceItemAdjustments, InvoicePayments, RefundInvoicePayments.
In the CreditMemoItems and DebitMemoItems objects, the SourceItemId field is not implemented. This field can refer different objects, depending on the method used to create the credit memo item. Instead, there are the InvoiceId, ProductRatePlanChargeId, and RatePlanChargeId fields.
Some fields in Zuora can be obtained only with an additional request. If you query such a field, an additional API call is performed for each queried record. It is recommended to exclude these fields if they are not needed. These are the following fields: the InvoiceItems field of the Invoices object, the Body field of the InvoiceFiles object, and Data field of the PaymentRuns object.
- The following Zuora objects are not supported: Credit Taxation Items, Debit Taxation Items, AccountInvoices, AccountPayments, Catalog Groups, Payment Method Credit Cards, AccountAttachments, InvoiceAttachments, SubscriptionAttachments, CreditMemoAttachments, DebitMemoAttachments.
To connect to Zuora, you need to select a Tenant to connect to and specify the API Key and API Secret.
- Tenant — your Zuora tenant.
- Client Id — the Client ID that you obtain when creating an OAuth client for your Zuora user.
- Client Secret — the Client Secret that you obtain when creating an OAuth client for your Zuora user.
To obtain the Client ID and Client Secret, you need to create an OAuth client for a Zuora user. For this, you must be an administrator of your Zuora tenant. See Zuora documentation to know how to create the OAuth client. You can create the OAuth client once and then reuse the obtained Client Id and Client Secret in Skyvia connections.
If you use Zuora Multi-entity, you also need to select Entity to connect to in the Advanced settings.
At the end, use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Zuora connector supports the following actions: