AfterShip is an automated shipment tracking solution that helps eCommerce businesses track their online shipments and keep their customers updated on the status of their deliveries from their online shops. AfterShip supports a wide variety of shipping services worldwide, provides users with a dashboard to check the status of shipments across multiple carriers, and sends out emails and notifications automatically at different shipment stages.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from AfterShip, exporting AfterShip data to CSV files, replicating AfterShip data to relational databases, and synchronizing AfterShip data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support AfterShip backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports AfterShip.
AfterShip-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for AfterShip:
In the Data Integration product, AfterShip connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use AfterShip in your package.
- Skyvia supports DML operations for such AfterShip objects:
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE: Trackings.
- INSERT, UPDATE: Notifications.
Skyvia supports Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates only for the Trackings object.
Notifications object and peculiarities of Insert/Update operations.
Insert operation. When performing an Insert operation to the Notifications objects, you add values to the existing records (i.e. update them) in the Emails and SMSes fields.
For example, if there is a record for Tracking in the Notifications object, in which the Emails field is set to [“[email protected]”], and you need to add more values like “[email protected]” and “[email protected]” in your import package for Insert, you must specify a value in the following format: [“[email protected]”,”[email protected]”].
Update operation. This operation is used when you want to delete the Email or Telephone value from the SMSes field in your import package.
For example, if there is a record for Tracking in the Notifications object, in which the Emails field is set to [“[email protected]”,”[email protected]”,”[email protected]”], and you need to remove only one value like “[email protected]”, you must specify a value in the following format: [“[email protected]”].
To connect to AfterShip, you need to specify your API Key. To create an AfterShip connection in Skyvia, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Click Connection in the menu on the left to open the Select Connector page.
- In the opened pane, click AfterShip.
- In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
Paste your API key to the API Key field, which you can find in your AfterShip account profile.
- Use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
- API Key — REST API key used for connecting to AfterShip. You can manage an API key in the AfterShip interface. Read more about it below.
Receiving AfterShip REST API
To get your API Key for AfterShip REST API, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to AfterShip.
Click Settings in the menu on the left.
- Select API keys.
Copy your API key.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
AfterShip connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.