Connecting to Google Ads
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google. Using Google Ads, you can create online ads to reach people exactly when they are interested in the products and services that you offer.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data from Google Ads to other applications, exporting its data to CSV files and replicating Google Ads data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Google Ads.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Google Ads.
Google Ads-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Google Ads:
In the Data Integration product, Google Ads connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure you select the Use new runtime check box on the tab bar if you want to use Google Ads in your package. You need to select this check box each time you create a new data integration package.
- Skyvia supports data modification in such objects as AdGroups, AdGroupAds, BiddingStrategies, Campaigns, CampaignBudgets, ConversionActions (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).
Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates for objects having Segments_Date field. This field stores dates without time part. Thus, when performing replication with incremental updates, Skyvia only queries updates up to previous day, not today’s updates. It also means that there is no point to schedule replication with incremental updates more often than once per day.
Thus, only such objects as AdGroupsReport, AdGroupAdsReport, AdGroupAdAssetView, AdGroupAudienceView, AdScheduleView, AgeRangeView, BiddingStrategiesReport, CampaignsReport, CampaignAudienceView, CampaignBudgetsReport, ClickView, CustomersReport, DetailPlacementView, DisplayKeywordView, DistanceView, DynamicSearchAdsSearchTermView, ExpandedLandingPageView, ExtensionFeedItemsReport, FeedItemsReport, FeedPlaceholderView, GenderView, GeographicView, GroupPlacementView, HotelGroupView, HotelPerformanceView, IncomeRangeView, KeywordView, LandingPageView, ManagedPlacementView, PaidOrganicSearchTermView, ParentalStatusView, ProductGroupView, SearchTermView, TopicView, UserLocationView, VideosReport can be relicated with incremental updates in Skyvia.
- Backup is not supported for Google Ads.
- Synchronization is not supported for Google Ads.
Skyvia represents Google Ads data as objects. The objects containing Report and View in their names are read-only. We need them to get statistical and analytical data about all other objects in Google Ads. For example, CampaignsReport is an object that contains all the fields of the Campaigns object, but with additional fields like segments and metrics. Segments are attributes of your data, and their values are organized in rows. Metrics are quantitative measurements, which values are organized into columns.
Please note not all segments and metrics are compatible with each other and can be queried together. You may receive an error in case you query incompatible segments and metrics.
Google Ads Connections
To create a Google Ads connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, select Google Ads.
In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with Google.
- In the opened window, enter your Google email and password and click Sign in.
- In the next window, click the Allow button to allow Skyvia to access your Google account
After the access token is generated, enter the Customer Id.
- Click the Create Connection button to create the connection.
Obtaining Customer Id
To get the Customer Id, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to Google Ads and click the User icon on the right.
- Copy the Customer Id from the drop-down list.