Connecting to HubSpot
HubSpot is an all-in-one cloud CRM, sales, and marketing platform.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from HubSpot, exporting HubSpot data to CSV files, replicating HubSpot data to relational databases, and synchronizing HubSpot data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports HubSpot backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports HubSpot.
To connect to HubSpot, you need to perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened page, click HubSpot.
- In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection and select OAuth 2.0 in the Authentication list.
Click Sign In with HubSpot.
In the opened window, enter your HubSpot credentials and click Log in.
Select your account to use.
In the opened page, click Grant access to approve access request.
- Change the value for the Metadata cache parameter if needed (optional) on the Connection Editor page.
- If you plan using this connection for synchronizing HubSpot Contacts, Companies, Tickets, or Products, click Advanced Settings and clear the Use Batch API checkbox.
- Click Create Connection.
You can also optionally change a value for the Metadata Cache parameter. This parameter determines for how long the cached metadata for the connection are considered valid. By default, Skyvia caches metadata of available objects in cloud sources. Whenever necessary, you can reset metadata cache for a connection manually in the Connection Editor by clicking the Clear now link. The following values are available for this parameter:
- Disabled — metadata cache is not created; metadata are queried automatically whenever required.
- One Hour — metadata cache expires one hour after the last refresh.
- One Day — metadata cache expires one day after the last refresh.
- One Week — metadata cache expires one week after the last refresh.
- One Month — metadata cache expires one month after the last refresh.
- Infinite — cache never expires/resets automatically. Default value.
Batch API Support
Skyvia supports HubSpot Batch API to load data into Contacts, Companies, Tickets, and Products objects. It uses Batch API for loading data to these objects by default. This allows much higher performance and lower API call use, but also provides less information about success or error of the operation. For example, Batch API does not return the ids of inserted records. Thus, when using batch API, you won’t get the ids of inserted records in Import success logs and won’t be able to use the Import Returning feature.
Additionally, you cannot use Batch API with synchronization packages, because synchronization relies on obtaining inserted record ids to establish correspondence between source and target records. Thus, if you plan using a HubSpot connection for synchronization of HubSpot Contacts, Companies, Tickets, or Products or using the Returning import feature for obtaining record ids when loading data to these objects, you need to turn off Batch API for this connection. You can do it in the connection Advanced Settings.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
HubSpot connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.