Intercom is a complete customer communications platform with bots, apps, product tours, etc. that enables targeted communication with customers on the website, inside the web, mobile apps, etc.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Intercom, exporting Intercom data to CSV files, replicating Intercom data to relational databases, and synchronizing Intercom data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Intercom backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Intercom.
Intercom-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Intercom:
In the Data Integration product, Intercom connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Intercom in your package.
- Skyvia supports DML operations for such Intercom objects:
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE: Articles, Collections, Companies, Contacts, Sections, Tags.
- INSERT, UPDATE: Conversations.
- INSERT: DataAttributes, Notes.
- Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates for such Intercom objects: Articles, Companies, Collections, CompanySegments, Contacts, ContactSegments, ContactCompanies, Conversations, Events, Notes, Sections, Segments.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for the following objects: Articles, Companies, Collections, Contacts, Conversations, Sections.
- The following Intercom objects are not supported by Skyvia: Visitors, CompanySegmentCounts, CompanyTagCounts, CompanyUserCounts, UserSegmentCounts, UserTagCounts.
- Contacts object and its INSERT/UPDATE peculiarities. When performing Insert and Update operations, a lookup search is made by such values as id, email or user_id. If no match is found, a new record will be inserted. If a match is found, the record will be updated. Thus, both Insert and Update can both insert new records and update the existing ones, if any present.
- Companies object and its INSERT/UPDATE peculiarities. When performing Insert and Update operations, a lookup search is made by company_id. If no match by company_id is found, a new record will be inserted. If a match is found (the company already exists), the record will be updated. Thus, both Insert and Update can both insert new records and update the existing ones, if any present.
Conversations object and its peculiarities.
By inserting data to the Conversations object, you create a new conversation.
- In the From_Type field, you have to specify one of the following values: User or Lead.
- In the From_Id field, you need to enter Id of the corresponding contact.
- In the Body field, you enter a text message.
By updating data in the Conversations object, you send a message to an already existing conversation (perform a Reply to a conversation). You can perform a Reply on behalf of a user or on behalf of an admin. Depending on the specified From_Type value, you need to set the value for the column — From_AdminId or From_UserId.
To create a connection to Intercom, you simply need to sign in to Intercom via OAuth 2.0. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Intercom account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Click Connection in the menu on the left to open the Select Connector page.
- In the opened pane, click Intercom.
- In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with Intercom.
In the opened window, enter email and password used when signing up to Intercom.
- Click Authorize access.
The authentication token is generated. Use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Intercom connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.