Freshdesk is a cloud customer support ticketing system.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Freshdesk, exporting Freshdesk data to CSV files, replicating Freshdesk data to relational databases, and synchronizing Freshdesk data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports Freshdesk backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Freshdesk.
To create connection to Freshdesk, you need to specify the API version to use, the URL to connect to, and the API key.
To find your API Key, perform the following actions:
- Sign in to your Freshdesk Support Portal
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner of your portal page.
Go to the Profile settings page.
Click View API Key on the right.
- Copy the API Key.
To connect to Freshdesk, perform the following steps:
- Select the API Version to use (v1 or v2). API v2 version provides access to more Freshdesk objects than API v1, and the structure of common objects may be different for different API versions.
- Specify the URL — address of your Freshdesk subdomain.
- Enter the obtained API Key.
- Optionally select the Metadata Cache - the period of time, while Metadata Cache is valid.
Skyvia does not support custom Freshdesk fields having double quotation marks in their names.
When querying Freshdesk tickets via API v2, the amount of required Freshdesk API calls doubles if you query the ticket Description field. It’s better not to query it if you don’t need it.
Information about ticket attachments is stored in the TicketAttachment object.
Each record in this table corresponds to the single attachment existing in the Ticket object and contains the attachment body binary data. The TicketAttachment object supports the INSERT and DELETE DML operations.
To successfully insert data to the TicketAttachment table, you must map the TicketId, FileName, and Body fields. You can pass the Body values in base64 format.
Skyvia supports all the common actions for Freshdesk.