Acuity Scheduling is an online appointment scheduling software, where clients can schedule appointments, pay, and complete intake forms online 24/7.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Acuity Scheduling, exporting Acuity Scheduling data to CSV files, and replicating Acuity Scheduling data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Acuity Scheduling backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Acuity Scheduling.
Acuity Scheduling-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Acuity Scheduling:
In Data Integration product, Acuity Scheduling connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Acuity Scheduling in your package.
- Acuity Scheduling is not supported in the synchronization packages.
- Skyvia Backup does not support Acuity Scheduling backup.
- Only the Appointments object allows all DML operations - INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE. The DELETE operation does not delete appointment, but cancels it.
- Clients object allows only the INSERT operation.
- Blocks and Certificates objects support only INSERT and DELETE operations.
- All other objects are read-only.
Acuity Scheduling Connections
When creating a Acuity Scheduling connection you simply log in with Acuity Scheduling. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Acuity Scheduling account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Acuity Scheduling connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click Acuity Scheduling.
In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Optionally, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox to reduce the number of API calls. However, beforehand read more about this option below.
- Click Sign In with Acuity Scheduling.
- In the opened window, enter an email address used when registering in Acuity Scheduling and click Next.
- In the next window, enter your password and click Next.
- Wait until the necessary data are transmitted and then click Create Connection.
Suppressing Extended Requests
For some objects, Acuity Scheduling API returns only part of the fields when querying multiple records. In order to query values of additional fields, Skyvia performs additional extended requests. Such API requests can be performed for each record of such object. However, this can decrease performance and significantly increase the number of API calls used.
To reduce the number of API calls, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox. However, please note that some of the fields in such objects will not be available in Skyvia (will return empty values) even if they have values in Acuity Scheduling because Acuity Scheduling API does not return them without extended requests.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Acuity Scheduling connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.