Connecting to Timely
Timely is a fully automatic time tracking tool available for individuals and companies. It records your activity and time spent in different work apps, as well as helps track everything your team works on with minimal efforts.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Timely, exporting Timely data to CSV files, replicating Timely data to relational databases, and synchronizing Timely data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Timely backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Timely.
Timely-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Timely:
In Data Integration product, Timely connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Timely in your package.
- Skyvia Backup does not support Timely backup.
- Skyvia does not support the Reports object.
- Objects that support import operations: Clients, Users (INSERT, UPDATE); Events, Forecasts, Labels, Projects, Teams (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).
- Synchronization are not supported for objects without UpdatedDate field. Thus, only Clients, Events, Projects, Users, Forecasts objects support Synchronization.
- Replication with Incremental Updates enabled are not supported for objects without CreatedDate or UpdatedDate fields. It requires at least one of these fields. Thus, only AccountActivities, Accounts, Clients, Events, Projects, Users, Forecasts objects support Replication with Incremental Updates.
When creating a Timely connection you simply log in with Timely. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Timely account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Timely connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click Timely.
In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with Timely.
In the opened window, enter an email address used when registering in Timely and click Next.
- In the next window, enter your password and click Next.
- Wait until the necessary data are transmitted and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Timely connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.