Connecting to OData Endpoint
Skyvia allows you to connect to any data source that provides OData interface for data access over the web.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from OData endpoints, exporting their data to CSV files, and replicating their data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup via OData is not supported.
Query: Skyvia Query supports OData endpoints.
OData-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for OData endpoints:
- Since Skyvia doesn’t know which fields, if any, store record creation and modification timestamps, it does not support Replication with Incremental Updates selected for OData endpoints.
- Skyvia does not support OData endpoints in synchronization packages for the same reason.
To connect to an OData endpoint, you need to specify its url, and, if necessary, to provide authentication parameters.
You need to specify the following parameters for OData connection:
- Name — connection name that will be used to identify the connection in the objects list and when selecting a connection for a package.
- Server — OData endpoint URL.
- Authentication — authentication method to use. Currently Skyvia supports OData endpoints without authentication and with basic HTTP authentication.
- User — user name for the OData endpoint. It is available only for Basic authentication.
- Password — user password for the OData endpoint. It is available only for Basic authentication.
- Url Parameters — allows specifying custom query string parameters for HTTP requests. The value should be encoded as a part of a URL and have the usual query string format: param1=value1¶m2=value2¶m3=value3