Connecting to Twitter Ads
Twitter Ads is a service for gathering direct responses, increasing website traffic, downloading content or any app, or simply increasing views and followers on Twitter. The Twitter Ads service allows you to sponsor your message directly in the feed of your target audience or large consumer segments.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Twitter Ads, exporting Twitter Ads data to CSV files, replicating Twitter Ads data to relational databases and synchronizing Twitter Ads data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Twitter Ads.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Twitter Ads.
Twitter Ads-Specific Features and Limitations
In the Data Integration product, Twitter Ads connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure you select the Use new runtime check box on the tab bar if you want to use Twitter Ads in your package. You need to select this check box each time you create a new data integration package.
- Skyvia supports data modification in such objects as Accounts, FundingInstruments (UPDATE); AccountMedia (DELETE); MediaCreatives, PromotedAccounts, PromotedTweets, PollCards (INSERT, DELETE); Campaigns, AdGroups, ScheduledPromotedTweets, ImageAppDownloadCards, ImageConversationCards, ScheduledTweets, VideoAppDownloadCards, VideoWebsiteCards, WebsiteCards, PrerollCallToActions, PublishedTweets , ImageDirectMessageCards, VideoDirectMessageCards, MediaLibrary, DraftTweets, TailoredAudiences, TailoredAudiencePermissions (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).
Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates for objects, which have UpdatedDate and CreatedDate fields, and for objects with Report and View in their names, which have Date field. This field stores dates without time part. Thus, when performing replication with incremental updates, Skyvia only queries updates up to previous day, not today’s updates. It also means that there is no point to schedule replication with incremental updates more often than once per day.
Thus, only such objects as Accounts, Campaigns, FundingInstruments, AdGroups, PromotedAccounts, PromotedTweets, PromotableUsers, ScheduledPromotedTweets, AccountMedia, ImageAppDownloadCards, ImageConversationCards, VideoConversationCards, Cards, ScheduledTweets, VideoAppDownloadCards, VideoWebsiteCards, WebsiteCards, PrerollCallToActions, ImageDirectMessageCards, VideoDirectMessageCards, MediaLibrary, PollCards, DraftTweets, TailoredAudiences, TailoredAudiencePermissions, AccountsDailyReport, CampaignsDailyReport, FundingInstrumentsDailyReport, AdGroupsDailyReport, PromotedAccountsDailyReport, PromotedTweetsDailyReport, MediaCreativesDailyReport can be replicated with incremental updates.
- Skyvia Backup does not support Twitter Ads.
Twitter Ads Connection
When creating a Twitter Ads connection, simply log in to Twitter Ads via the OAuth method of authentication. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Twitter Ads account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Twitter Ads connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click Twitter Ads.
In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with Twitter.
In the opened window, enter your Twitter credentials and click the Authorize app button.
The access token is generated.
- Click the Create Connection button to create the connection.