Connecting to LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads is a powerful advertising tool for reaching your audience. Using LinkedIn Ads, you can promote your organization’s updates to targeted audiences on desktop, mobile, and tablet.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data from LinkedIn Ads to other applications, exporting its data to CSV files and replicating LinkedIn Ads data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support LinkedIn Ads.
Query: Skyvia Query supports LinkedIn Ads.
LinkedIn Ads-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for LinkedIn Ads:
In the Data Integration product, LinkedIn Ads connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure you select the Use new runtime check box on the tab bar if you want to use LinkedIn Ads in your package. You need to select this check box each time you create a new data integration package.
- Skyvia supports data modification in such LinkedIn Ads objects as Accounts, Campaigns, CampaignGroups, TextAds, Conversions (INSERT, UPDATE).
Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates for LinkedIn Ads objects, which have UpdatedDate and CreatedDate fields, and for objects with Report in their names, which have Date field. This field stores dates without time part. Thus, when performing replication with incremental updates, Skyvia only queries updates up to previous day, not today’s updates. It also means that there is no point to schedule replication with incremental updates more often than once per day.
Thus, only such objects as Accounts, Campaigns, CampaignGroups, Conversions, CampaignRecommendations, CampaignInsights, AccountsDailyReport, CampaignGroupsDailyReport, CampaignsDailyReport, AdsDailyReport can be replicated with incremental updates in Skyvia.
Such objects as Ads, SponsoredUpdateAds, MessageAds, ConversionAds, CarouselAds, CampaignRecommendations, CampaignInsights, AccountsDailyReport, CampaignGroupsDailyReport, CampaignsDailyReport, AdsDailyReport are read-only.
- Backup is not supported for LinkedIn Ads.
- Synchronization is not supported for LinkedIn Ads.
LinkedIn Ads Connections
To create a LinkedIn Ads connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, select LinkedIn Ads.
In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with LinkedIn.
- In the opened window, enter your LinkedIn email and password and click Sign in.
- In the next window, click the Allow button to allow Skyvia to access your LinkedIn account
The authentication token is generated.
- Click the Create Connection button to create the connection.