Connecting to SurveyMonkey
SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading cloud-based platform for online survey. It helps create surveys, collect responses and analyze survey results.
Data integration: Skyvia supports data import to SurveyMonkey, data export from SurveyMonkey to a file storage service or FTP, to CSV file(s), data replication from SurveyMonkey to relational databases and data synchronization from/to SurveyMonkey.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports SurveyMonkey backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports SurveyMonkey.
SurveyMonkey-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for SurveyMonkey:
- Skyvia does not support such objects as BenchmarkBundleAnalyze, UsersWorkgroups, UsersShared.
- Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates enabled are not supported for objects without CreatedDate and UpdatedDate fields. Both fields must be present for synchronization. Replication with incremental updates requires at least one of the fields.
Not all objects support all the DML operations for data import:
- CollectorRecipients, OrganizationShares, SurveyTranslations objects support INSERT and DELETE operations.
- ListContacts, SurveyFolders objects support only the INSERT operation.
- The following objects are read-only in SurveyMonkey: BenchmarkBundles, Benchmarks, CollectorMessageStats, ContactFields, QuestionBank, Roles, SurveyCategories, SurveyDetails, SurveyLanguages, SurveyRollups, SurveyTemplates, SurveyTrends, TeamMembers, Teams, User.
To create a SurveyMonkey connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click SurveyMonkey.
In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with SurveyMonkey.
In the opened window, enter your SurveyMonkey credentials and click Log In.
- After you do it, you will automatically receive an access token.
- Optionally, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox to reduce the number of API calls. However, beforehand read more about this option below.
- Click the Test Connection button to check whether the account connection is successful. Then, click the Create Connection button to create the connection.
Suppressing Extended Requests
For some objects, SurveyMonkey API returns only part of the fields when querying multiple records. In order to query values of additional fields, Skyvia performs additional extended requests. Such API requests can be performed for each record of such object. However, this can decrease performance and significantly increase the number of API calls used.
To reduce the number of API calls, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox. However, please note that some of the fields in such objects will not be available in Skyvia (will return empty values) even if they have values in SurveyMonkey because SurveyMonkey API does not return them without extended requests.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
SurveyMonkey connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.