Connecting to Drip
Drip is a marketing automation platform built for e-commerce. Drip helps you gather data, create better customer experiences, bump up long-term loyalty and drive more revenue.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Drip, exporting Drip data to CSV files, and replicating Drip data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Drip backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Drip.
Drip-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Drip:
In Data Integration product, Drip connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime. Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Drip in your package.
Skyvia Backup does not support Drip backup.
Objects that support import operations: CampaignSubscribers (INSERT); Subscribers (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE); Webhooks (INSERT, DELETE).
Please note that when you import records into the CampaignSubscribers object, records are actually inserted into the Subscribers object, i.e. a new subscriber is added, but he/she is not connected to the campaign. That happens due to Drip API limitations, which is why you have to add subscribers to the campaign separately.
- Drip objects that are not supported in Skyvia: CustomFields, Events, Tags.
- Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates enabled are not supported for objects without UpdatedDate field. Thus, only Customers, Products, ProductFamilies objects support Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates.
When creating a Drip connection you simply log in with Drip. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Drip account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Drip connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click Drip.
In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
Click Sign In with Drip.
- In the opened window, enter the email address used when registering in Drip and click the Continue button.
- In the next window, enter your password and click Submit.
- Skyvia will request permission to access your Drip org. Click Authorize to give permissions.
When the necessary data are transmitted, use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Drip connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.