ProdPad is a product management tool helping its customers to cope with product roadmaps, priority charts, customer feedbacks, and workflows.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from ProdPad, exporting ProdPad data to CSV files, replicating ProdPad data to relational databases, and synchronizing ProdPad data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support ProdPad backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports ProdPad.
ProdPad-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for ProdPad:
- To insert data into the Ideas table you must map either Title or Description field.
To update workflow status of an idea you can use the stored procedure:
- When inserting data to the VotesMaybe, VotesNay, VotesYea tables you must map at least one field from each pair of fields: either Voter_id or Voter_email and either IdeaId or Feedback_Id.
- To insert data to the Feedbacks table, either СontactName or ContactEmail have to be mapped in addition to the required Feedback field.
The tables SearchFeedback, SearchPersonas, SearchProducts, SearchIdeas are read only. When querying data from these tables you must set the filtering condition by the TextQuery field with the value of the search string to search for in the needed table (Feedbacks, Personas, Products, or Ideas).
For example, if you need to query all the products, where the fields Description, Vision, KPIs, or Documentation contain the value Strategy - Section Details, then the query against the SearchProducts object has to look like this:
SELECT t.* FROM SearchProducts AS t WHERE (t.TextQuery = 'Strategy - Section Details')
Skyvia supports DML operations for such ProdPad objects:
INSERT, UPDATE: Companies, Contacts, Feedbacks, Ideas, Objectives.
INSERT: VotesMaybe, VotesNay, VotesYea.
Incremental Replication is NOT supported for the following objects: Users, FeedbackTags, FeedbackProducts, FeedbackPersonas, FeedbackAttachments, FeedbackExternalLinks, ContactTags, ContactPersonas, ContactExternalLinks, SearchFeedback, SearchPersonas, SearchProducts, SearchIdeas.
Tables VotesYea, VotesNay, VotesMaybe, ProductLines, ProductRoadmapLists and ProductLineRoadmapLists have only the CreatedDate field and don’t have the UpdatedDate field. It means that only the new records will be considered in the Incremental Replication.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for the following ProdPad objects: Companies, Contacts, Feedbacks, Ideas, Objectives. ProdPad tables support only INSERT and UPDATE operations, the DELETE operation is not supported. It means that if some records are deleted from these tables, the Synchronization package considers such records as failed and returns the errors like Table ‘tablename’ does not support DELETE statement in the package run results.
To create a connection to ProdPad, you simply need to specify the API Key.
To obtain the API key, you have to perform the following steps:
- Sign in to the ProdPad
- Click the user icon in the top right corner of the page and select Profile settings.
Select the API Keys tab, copy the API key value and paste it in Skyvia.
Click Create Connection
Suppressing Extended Requests
For some objects, ProdPad API returns only part of the fields when querying multiple records. In order to query values of additional fields, Skyvia performs additional extended requests. Such API requests can be performed for each record of such object. However, this can decrease performance and significantly increase the number of API calls used.
To reduce the number of API calls, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox. However, please note that some of the fields in such objects will not be available in Skyvia (will return empty values) even if they have values in ProdPad because its API does not return them without extended requests.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
ProdPad connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.