Marketo is a cloud lead management and marketing solution.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Marketo, exporting Marketo data to CSV files, replicating Marketo data to relational databases, and synchronizing Marketo data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports Marketo backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Marketo.
Marketo-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Marketo:
Marketo API supports selecting data from certain objects only by their identifying fields. These are the following objects: Companies, Opportunities, OpportunityRoles, SalesPersons, and all the custom objects. Thus, you cannot get data from these tables unless values of some of their identifying fields of the records you want to get are explicitly specified. You can specify these IDs, for example, by filtering data from these tables by IDs.
Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates enabled are not supported for objects without Created At or Updated At fields. Both fields must be present for synchronization. Replication with incremental updates requires at least one of the fields.
There are certain limitations in Marketo API on querying the Leads table. Marketo API don’t allow filtering queried leads based on the Updated At fields. Thus, whenever a synchronization or replication with incremental updates is run, all the records are actually queried from the Leads table, and then filtering is performed locally. While only changed records are counted in your Skyvia subscription, internally all of them are queried, and it may use a lot of Marketo API calls and take much time in case if you have a lot of leads. To use less API calls for querying leads, you may select the Use Bulk Extract checkbox in the Marketo connection editor. Read its description below.
To connect to Marketo, you need to specify the domain to connect to, client id, and client secret.
You need to specify the following parameters for Marketo connection:
- Client ID — a GUID value, representing Marketo API client id.
- Client Secret — Marketo API client secret. To configure access to Marketo and get client id and client secret for the connection, check this instruction in Marketo documentation.
- Domain — address of your Marketo subdomain.
Use Bulk Extract — this parameter determines whether to use Marketo Bulk Extract API for reading Marketo leads. This checkbox affects only reading data from only the Leads object, and it has no effect on working with other objects. If you select this checkbox, reading Marketo leads will use less API calls, but may take more time. Select this checkbox only if you need to read very large number of Marketo leads and spend less API calls.
Reading Marketo leads, created within a known period of time will improve reading performance, it’s better to use “Created At” >= some value or/and “Created At” <= some value conditions in filters when using Marketo Bulk Extract API.
Metadata Cache — this parameter determines for how long the cached metadata for the connection are considered valid. By default, Skyvia caches metadata of available objects in cloud sources. Whenever necessary, you can reset metadata cache for a connection manually in the Connection Editor by clicking the Clear now link. The following values are available for this parameter:
- Disabled — metadata cache is not created; metadata are queried automatically whenever required.
- One Hour — metadata cache expires one hour after the last refresh.
- One Day — metadata cache expires one day after the last refresh.
- One Week — metadata cache expires one week after the last refresh.
- One Month — metadata cache expires one month after the last refresh.
- Infinite — cache never expires/resets automatically. Default value.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Marketo connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.