This connector is currently in development, and it is not available yet.
Xero is an accounting app with automatic bank feeds, invoicing, accounts payable, expense claims, fixed asset depreciation, purchase orders, bank reconciliations, and other features.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Xero, exporting Xero data to CSV files, replicating Xero data to relational databases, and synchronizing Xero data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Xero backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Xero.
Table of Contents
- What Skyvia Can Do for Xero Users
- Getting Started
- Xero-Specific Features and Limitations
- Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
What Skyvia Can Do for Xero Users
Skyvia consists of several products that can help you working with Xero data.
Data Integration can help you in different integration scenarios data migration from other accounting tools to Xero, integrating Xero with other cloud apps, copying Xero data to a database for data analysis or archiving purposes, syncing Xero data with other cloud apps and databases, designing complex data pipelines including Xero and other data sources, etc.
Query allows you to build quick reports on Xero data by querying it with SQL commands or Visual Query Builder. The result can be exported to CSV or PDF formats. Skyvia Query also provides add-ins for Excel and Google Sheets that allow querying Xero data directly from the corresponding spreadsheet applications. In addition to SELECT, Skyvia Query support simple DML statements, allowing you to perform mass update and delete operations.
Connect allows publishing Xero data via web API endpoints. You can create OData endpoints and make your Xero data available via OData protocol. The endpoints can be used to connect other tools, supporting OData protocol, like Salesforce Connect or Power BI. Additionally, Connect allows you to create SQL endpoints that allow executing SQL over the web. Skyvia also provides ready-to-use ODBC driver, ADO.NET provider, and Google Data Studio connector for SQL endpoints, allowing you to build your own apps, connecting to Xero data via ADO.NET and ODBC, and analyze its data in Google Data Studio.
All Skyvia tools are designed for users without programming knowledge. They allow users design their own custom data flows, and there are no predefined data flows. You can load any Xero data, available via Xero API.
To create a connection to Xero in Skyvia, you simply need to sign in to Xero via OAuth 2.0. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Xero account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Click Connection in the menu on the left to open the Select Connector page.
- In the opened pane, click Xero.
In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Connect to Xero.
In the opened window, enter email and password used when signing up to Xero.
Click Allow access.
The authentication token is generated. Now you need to select Tenant to connect to from the list.
- Use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
After you have created a Xero connection, you can start integrating Xero with other sources, querying Xero with the Query tool and publish Xero data via web API endpoints. Please see the following topics of our documentation to know how to use different Skyvia tools:
- Import Package (loading data in one direction)
- Export Package (exporting data to CSV files)
- Replication Package (copying cloud data to a database)
- Synchronization Package (synchronizing data in both directions)
- Data Flow (designing complex data pipelines)
- Control Flow (designing more advanced data pipelines with custom logics)
- Query (querying data from web browser)
- Google Sheets Add-On (querying data from Google Sheets)
- Excel Add-in (querying data from Excel)
- OData Endpoints
- SQL Endpoints
How do I disconnect from Xero?
You can disconnect from Xero on Skyvia side simply by deleting all the Xero connections you have created together with all the objects that depend from the connections: integration packages, endpoints, queries.
Does Skyvia store my data?
Skyvia does not store your Xero login and password. For the details, see our Security page, the Retention of User Data section. Note that Skyvia Backup does not support Xero, and thus, Xero backups cannot be stored on Skyvia.
Will I be notified in case of any data loading errors?
Skyvia has the email notification feature, but it is not enabled by default. Please read the Email Notification topic to find out how to configure it.
Xero-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Xero:
In the Data Integration product, Xero connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Xero in your package.
- Skyvia supports DML operations for such Xero objects:
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE: Account, ContactGroup, Contact, Employee, Item, LinkedTransaction.
- INSERT, UPDATE: BankTransaction, CreditNote, Invoice, ManualJournal, Payment, PurchaseOrder, Quote.
- INSERT: BankTransfer.
- UPDATE: Overpayment, Prepayment.
- Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates for such Xero objects: Account, BankTransaction, BankTransfer, Contact, CreditNote, Employee, Invoice, Item, LinkedTransaction, ManualJournal, Payment, PurchaseOrder, Quote, Overpayment, Prepayment.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for the following objects: Account, BankTransaction, Contact, CreditNote, Employee, Invoice, Item, LinkedTransaction, ManualJournal, Payment, PurchaseOrder, Quote.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Xero connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.