NetSuite V2 (REST)
NetSuite is a unified cloud business management solution, including ERP/financials, CRM, and ecommerce.
This connector uses REST API to work with NetSuite. It provides support for NetSuite fields, storing array data, but does not support backup. See NetSuite (SOAP) for an alternative connector.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from NetSuite, exporting NetSuite data to CSV files, replicating NetSuite data to relational databases, and synchronizing NetSuite data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support NetSuite backup. You can use our NetSuite (SOAP) connector.
Query: Skyvia Query supports NetSuite.
Skyvia supports two kinds of authentication in this connector: OAuth 2.0 and Token-based authentication.
To obtain credentials for connecting Skyvia to NetSuite, you need to sign in to NetSuite and perform the following actions:
Obtain Account ID
You can get the account id value in NetSuite SOAP Web Services Preferences. Point to Setup, then to Integrations, and then click SOAP Web Services Preferences. On the opened page, copy your Account ID under Primary Information.
Obtaining Time Zone
You can get the account id value in your NetSuite preferences. Point to the home icon in the top left corner of the page and click Set Preferences. Under Localization, find your Time Zone.
Enable Authentication in NetSuite
Perform the following actions:
Point to Setup, then to Company, then click Enable Features.
Then click Suite Cloud.
If you want to use token-based authentication, in the Manage Authentication group, select the Token-based Authentication checkbox.
If you want to use OAuth 2.0 authentication, in the Manage Authentication group, select the OAuth checkbox.
Create a role with the necessary privileges for token-based authentication and access to the necessary objects and assign it to the user that will be used for authentication. You need to assign at least the “Web Services” and “User Access Tokens” privileges.
Create Integration Record
To create an integration record, perform the following:
Point to Setup, then to Integrations, then Manage Integrations, and then click New.
In the opened page, enter Name for the application, for example, Skyvia.
- If you plan to use token-based authentication, make sure that under Token-based Authentication:
- The Token Based Authentication checkbox is selected.
- The TBA: Authorization Flow checkbox is not selected.
- If you plan to use OAuth 2.0 authentication, perform the following:
- Under OAuth 2.0, select the Authorization Code Grant checkbox.
- In the Redirect URI box, enter https://app.skyvia.com/oauthcallback/netsuite
- Select the REST Web Services checkbox.
- Make sure that the Public Client check box is not selected.
- Click Save.
From the confirmation screen, copy the generated Consumer Key / Client ID, and Consumer Secret / Client Secret. Note that they are displayed only once on this page. If you need them again, you will have to re-generate them, which make the old ones to stop working. You may reuse these values if you need multiple Skyvia connections to this NetSuite account.
Create Access Token.
This is needed only for token-based authentication. Perform the following actions to create an access token and obtain TokenID and Token Secret:
Point to Setup, then to Users/Roles, then Access Tokens, and then click New.
Select the Integration record, User, and Role created on the previous steps.
- Click Save.
From the confirmation screen, copy the generated Token ID and Token Secret. Note that Token ID and Token Secret are displayed only once on this page. If you need them again, you will have to re-generate them, which make the old ones to stop working.
When creating a NetSuite connection, you need to specify different connection parameters depending on the authentication kind you select.
To create a NetSuite connection using token-based authentication, perform the following steps:
- In the Authentication list, select Token-Based.
- Paste the copied Consumer Key / Client ID to the Consumer Key box.
- Paste the copied Consumer Secret / Client Secret to the Consumer Secret box.
- Paste Token ID and Token Secret that you obtain when creating an access token to the Token and Token Secret boxes respectively.
- Enter the obtained NetSuite Account ID.
- Specify your Account Time Zone.
OAuth 2.0 Authentication
To create a NetSuite connection using OAuth 2.0 authentication, perform the following steps:
- In the Authentication list, select OAuth 2.0.
- Paste the copied Consumer Key / Client ID to the Client ID box.
Paste the copied Consumer Secret / Client Secret to the Client Secret box.
- Click Sign In with NetSuite.
Enter your NetSuite credentials and click Log In
Click Continue to allow Skyvia access to NetSuite.
- NetSuite Account ID appears automatically after the connection token is formed.
- Specify your Account Time Zone.
Additional Connection Parameters
You can specify the period of time, after which Metadata cache is considered expired. Note that reading metadata for NetSuite takes especially long time, about 5 minutes or so, so connecting the first time may take a while. If you disable metadata caching or set the Metadata cache parameter to a low value, Skyvia can experience slowdowns when querying NetSuite metadata.
Nested Array Fields
Many NetSuite objects have fields, storing array data. Such fields fully support Nested object mapping in Import. You can see our tutorials on QuickBooks and Salesforce, demonstrating how to use nested object mapping:
- How to Import Data from Salesforce Opportunities to QuickBooks Invoices
- How to Import QuickBooks Invoices to Salesforce Opportunities
- Easy Importing Invoices and Customers Between QuickBooks Online Accounts
- How to Import Products with Variants from the relational Database into Shopify
When selecting data from these fields, they return their contents as JSON arrays.
Not Supported Objects
Skyvia does not support the following NetSuite objects: billingaccount, priceplan, subscriptionchangeorder, subscription, subscriptionline, usage.
Skyvia supports all the common actions for NetSuite.