Zoho People is a cloud HR processes automation software with an easy time and attendance tracking developed by ZOHO Corporation.
Data Integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Zoho People, exporting Zoho People data to CSV files, replicating Zoho People data to relational databases and synchronizing Zoho People data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports Zoho People.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Zoho People.
Zoho People-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Zoho People:
- When loading data to the Jobs objects, you must provide values for Assignees or AssignedTo fields. Note that the Assignees field stores values in a JSON format, and you should provide values in the corresponding format for it.
- The Expense field in the TravelExpenses object and Medical field in the Benefits object are read-only in Skyvia.
- Skyvia does not support restoring data of objects, referencing Employee, from backup. These are the following objects: ADA, Assets, Benefits, Disciplinaries, EEO, FMLA, Irca, Leaves, OSHA, Separations, TrainingFeedbacks, TrainingRegistrations, TravelExpenses, VETS100. Additionally, Skyvia does not support restoring data to the Jobs objects.
By default, Zoho People has a limit of 1000 API calls for a day and 60 calls for a minute. Performing backup, replication, or querying all the data from various objects may quickly use all the API calls available.
Zoho People Connections
When creating a Zoho People connection, simply log in with Zoho People. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Zoho People account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Zoho People connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click Zoho People.
- In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- In the Data Center list, select the location of your Zoho People data center to connect to: US, Europe, India, China or Australia.
Click Sign In with Zoho.
In the opened window, enter your Zoho People email and click the Next button.
Enter your Zoho People password and click the Sign In button.
- In the opened window, click Accept to allow Skyvia to access data in your Zoho account.
The refresh token is generated.
- Click the Create Connection button to create the connection.
If necessary, you may click Advanced Settings and set an additional connection parameter, which is important if you want date values to be displayed correctly.
- Date Format is a parameter used to correctly display values in the Date and DateTime type columns. The Date Format parameter in your connection in Skyvia should match the Date Format parameter in your Zoho People account.
To find the Date Format parameter, sign in to your Zoho People account, click the Settings icon in the top right corner of the page and then click Company details in the General section. Under Display Settings, you will see the correct Date Format parameter. Go back to the Connection Editor window in Skyvia and select the necessary date format value in the drop-down list. The default value is dd-mm-yyyy.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Zoho People connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.