Connecting to Zendesk Sell
Zendesk Sell is a sales CRM software tool that enhances productivity, processes, and pipeline visibility for sales teams.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Zendesk Sell, exporting Zendesk Sell data to CSV files, replicating Zendesk Sell data to relational databases, and synchronizing Zendesk Sell data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Zendesk Sell.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Zendesk Sell.
Zendesk Sell-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Zendesk Sell:
In the Data Integration product, Zendesk Sell connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure that the Use new runtime checkbox is selected on the tab bar if you want to use Zendesk Sell in your package.
Skyvia supports the following DML operations for Zendesk Sell objects:
INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE: Calls, Contacts, Deals, DealSources, DealUnqualifiedReasons, Leads, LeadSources, LossReasons, Notes, Orders, Products, Tags, Tasks.
INSERT, DELETE: AssociatedContacts, Collaborations, LineItems.
- The following objects are read-only in Zendesk Sell: Accounts, CallOutcomes, LeadUnqualifiedReasons, Pipelines, TextMessages, Users, Stages.
- Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates for all Zendesk Sell objects.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for objects that contain the CreatedDate and UpdatedDate fields. Thus, such objects as Calls, Contacts, Deals, DealSources, DealUnqualifiedReasons, Leads, LeadSources, LossReasons, Notes, Orders, Products, Tags, Tasks can be fully synchronized.
- Skyvia does not support the following Zendesk Sell objects so far: Sequences, Sequence Enrollments.
- AssociatedContacts object and its peculiarities. Skyvia does not support synchronization and replication with incremental updates for the AssociatedContacts object.
Contacts object and its peculiarities. The Contacts objects contains records of two types: individual contacts (Persons) and organizations (Companies). For Persons, LastName is a required field, and for Companies — Name field.
Therefore, in the final metadata, it is enough to have only one of the above fields that corresponds to contact type. The ParentOrganizationId field references the parent organization for another organization. When trying to fill in this field for Person, there will be an error about the invalid content of the field. Similarly, the PersonParentOrganizationId field references the parent organization for an individual contact, and when you try to fill in this field for an organization, an error about the invalid content of the field will occur.
- Orders object and its peculiarities. The object is represented as a list of LineItems associated with the Deals record. One Deal corresponds to only one Order. Therefore, you can insert a record into the Orders object only if no order record has been created for a particular deal or if it has been deleted. If you change the DealId value for an existing order, the order that should have been changed will remain unchanged, and a new record with the DealId will be added to the Orders object.
Zendesk Sell Connections
To create a connection to Zendesk Sell, you simply need to sign in to Zendesk Sell via OAuth 2.0. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Zendesk Sell account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Click Connection in the menu on the left to open the Select Connector page.
- In the opened page, select Zendesk Sell.
In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with Zendesk Sell.
In the opened window, enter your email and password used when signing up to Zendesk Sell (if you have only a Zendesk Sell account) or click the Sign in with Zendesk button below (when you want to sign in through your Zendesk account).
- Skyvia will request permission to access your Zendesk Sell/Zendesk account. Click Authorize to give permissions.
The authentication token is generated. Use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Zendesk Sell connector supports the following actions: