Connecting to Pipedrive
Pipedrive is a CRM solution for salespeople in scaling companies built around activity-based selling.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Pipedrive, exporting Pipedrive data to CSV files, replicating Pipedrive data to relational databases, and synchronizing Pipedrive data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports Pipedrive backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Pipedrive.
Pipedrive-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Pipedrive:
- Skyvia does not support custom fields in the default Pipedrive connector. However, if you need to work with custom fields in Pipedrive, you may contact our support team.
- Objects, storing Pipedrive metadata, such as ActivityFields, DealFields, NoteFields, OrganizationFields, PersonFields, and ProductFields, are read-only in Skyvia.
- The following Pipedrive objects are not supported: DealTimeline, Recents, SearchResults, Files, Roles.
- Skyvia cannot restore records, having ExpectedSum value set, to the Goals object.
- Skyvia Backup cannot undo adding a product price, when restoring a modified Product record.
- Skyvia cannot update records in the Goals and Users objects.
- Skyvia cannot delete records from the PermissionSetsAssignments object.
To connect to Pipedrive, you need to specify the API Token.
You need to specify the following parameters for Pipedrive connection:
- API Token — an automatically generated API key used for connecting to Pipedrive. Your API Key can be found under Settings -> Personal -> Other -> API. Check the following topic in the Pipedrive documentation for the details: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/207344545-How-to-find-your-personal-API-key