Trello is a web-based task tracking and project management tool, which makes collaboration inside the team and between teams and projects fast and easy.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Trello, exporting Trello data to CSV files, replicating Trello data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Trello.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Trello.
Trello-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Trello:
- In the Data Integration product, Trello connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Skyvia supports DML operations for such Trello objects:
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE: Boards, BoardCards, BoardChecklists, BoardLabels, BoardMembers, Organizations, OrganizationMembers
- INSERT, UPDATE: BoardLists
- INSERT, DELETE: BoardCheckItems, CardAttachments, CardLabels, CardMembers
- UPDATE, DELETE: CardCheckItems
- UPDATE: BoardMemberships, Notifications
- Replication with Incremental Updates is not supported for Trello.
- Synchronization for Trello is not supported.
To insert, update, delete comments in the Cards table you can use the stored procedures:
call AddCommentToCard(:cardId,:TextComment)to add the record into the CardActions table with the Type field value equal to “commentCard”. Comment text will be added into the Data_Text field.
call UpdateCommentOnCard(:cardId,:actionId,:TextComment)to update the value of the Data_Text field.
- When you select data from the BoardChecklists table, the IdChecklistSource field value is not displayed.
- When performing Import with Insert operation to BoardMembers, the package log won’t display the inserted records Ids.
- The BoardMembers table may store several records for the same member, because one member can belong to several boards. When updating the BoardMembers table, you have to specify the Id and BoardId values. They are required for mapping. After the Update operation is completed, the updated values are displayed for all Boards, belonging to the Member regardless of what BoardId was specified in the Mapping Definition.
For example, you want to update the data of Member1 which is a member of the Board1 and Board2. As the Member Id and Board Id values are required for mapping, you the Member1 Id and Board1 Id, and other fields which supposed to be updated. When the operation is completed, you will see that the data was updated for both Board1 and Board2 records related to Member1.
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened page, click Trello.
- Click Sign In with Trello
- Click Log In on the next screen.
- Specify Trello credentials or use another available sign in option:
- Allow Skyvia access your Trello account
Optionally, select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox to reduce the number of API calls. For some objects Trello API returns only part of the fields when querying multiple records. In order to query values of additional fields, Skyvia performs additional extended requests. Such API requests can be performed for each record of such object. However, this can decrease performance and significantly increase the number of API calls used.
To reduce the number of API calls, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox. However, please note that some of the fields in such objects will not be available in Skyvia (will return empty values) even if they have values in Trello because Trello API does not return them without extended requests.
- Use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Trello connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.