Connecting to Harvest
Harvest is a convenient cloud-based time tracking and invoicing tool, which has been designed for businesses of all sizes.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Harvest, exporting Harvest data to CSV files, replicating Harvest data to relational databases and synchronizing Harvest data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Harvest.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Harvest.
Harvest-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Harvest:
In the Data Integration product, Harvest connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure you select the Use new runtime check box on the tab bar if you want to use Harvest in your package. You need to select this check box each time you create a new data integration package.
- Harvest objects that support import operations: UserBillableRates, UserCostRates (INSERT); InvoiceMessages, InvoicePayments, EstimateMessages (INSERT, DELETE); Clients, Contacts, EstimateItemCategories, Estimates, ExpensesCategories, Expenses, InvoiceItemCategories, Invoices, Projects, ProjectTaskAssigment, ProjectUserAssigment, Roles, Tasks, TimeEntries, Users (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).
- Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates selected for Harvest objects, which have either UpdatedDate field or CreatedDate field. Thus, such objects as Clients, Contacts, EstimateItemCategories, EstimateMessages, Estimates, ExpensesCategories, Expenses, InvoiceItemCategories, InvoiceMessages, InvoicePayments, Invoices, Projects, ProjectTaskAssigment, ProjectUserAssigment, Roles, Tasks, TimeEntries, UserBillableRates, UserCostRates, Users can be relicated with incremental updates.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for Harvest objects, which have either UpdatedDate field or CreatedDate field as well. However, please note if the object has only CreatedDate field, Skyvia will sync only new records. If the object has only UpdatedDate field, Skyvia will sync both new and updated records. Thus, such objects as Clients, Contacts, EstimateItemCategories, Estimates, ExpensesCategories, Expenses, Invoices, InvoiceItemCategories, Projects, ProjectTaskAssigment, ProjectUserAssigment, Roles, Tasks, TimeEntries, Users can be fully synchronized within Skyvia (synchronization of new and updated records).
- Skyvia Backup does not support Harvest.
You log in to Harvest via OAuth authentication in Skyvia. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Harvest account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Harvest connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened page, find and select Harvest.
In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
- Click Sign In with Harvest.
In the opened window, enter your Harvest email, password and click the Sign In button. Please note you can also click Sign In with Google to enter your Harvest or Forecast account from Google if needed.
- In the next window, click Authorize App to allow Skyvia to access your Harvest account.
The authentication token is generated.
- Click the Create Connection button to create a connection.