Twilio is a service that provides programmable communication tools for making and receiving phone calls, sending and receiving text messages, and performing other communication functions using its web service APIs.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Twilio, exporting Twilio data to CSV files, replicating Twilio data to relational databases and synchronizing Twilio data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Twilio backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Twilio.
Twilio Specific Features and Limitations
While importing data to some of Twilio objects you may need to set values for specific fields that are not listed as required.
- Calls — Set values for either Url, Twiml, or ApplicationSid.
- Messages — Set the values for Body or MediaUrl and for From or MessagingServiceSid fields.
- ConversationParticipants — Set Identity value for Chat field; MessagingBinding.Address and MessagingBinding.ProxyAddress for the SMS field.
- IncomingPhoneNumbers — Set values for either Phonenumber or AreaCode.
- ConferenceParticipants — While adding a new record to ConferenceParticipants, you may assign the identifier of an already existing conference to the ConferenceSid field with any status other than “completed”. Otherwise, you may set any value for ConferenceSid. In this case a conference with the appropriate name will be created automatically.
Skyvia supports the following DML operations for Twilio objects:
INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE - Activities, AddressConfiguration, Addresses, Applications, AutopilotAssistants, AutopilotTasks, Calls, ConferenceParticipants, ConversationMessages, ConversationParticipants, Conversations, ConversationUsers, Credentials, Executions, Flows, IncomingPhoneNumbers, Lists, Messages, MessagingServices, OutgoingCallerIds, Queues, Roles, Services, SIPCredentialLists, SIPCredentials, SIPDomains, SIPIpAccessControlLists, SIPIpAddresses, UsageTriggers, Workers, Workflows, Workspaces
INSERT, UPDATE - Accounts, Feedbacks, Recordings
INSERT, DELETE - AlphaSenders, ConversationServices, PhoneNumbers, ShortCodes, SIPCredentialListMappings, SIPIpAccessControlListMappings
UPDATE - Conferences, Members
UPDATE, DELETE - Keys
DELETE - Medias, RecordingTranscriptions, UserConversations
The following objects do not support Synchronization:
The following objects do not support the Incremental Updates for Twilio data Replication:
Twilio connector uses Basic Authentification. To establish a connection, you need to use Account SID and Auth Token. You may find them in your Twillio account settings.
To locate Account SID and Auth Token, do the following:
- Login to your Twilio account.
- Click on Account and choose General Settings.
- Choose Api Keys & Tokens on the navigation pane.
To create a connection between Skyvia and Twilio:
- Click +New in the top menu.
- Choose Connections.
- Start typing Twilio in the search box and select Twilio from the list of Connectors.
- Enter Twilio Account SID and Auth Token.
- Click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Twilio connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.