Connecting to Square
Square is a cloud-based POS system that allows processing payment transactions, updates and securely storing sales history in the cloud. Square helps you to make sales anywhere from any device, managing your business remotely. The system also integrates with a wide range of partner cloud apps and is a right online solution for small, medium and large businesses.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Square, exporting Square data to CSV files, replicating Square data to relational databases and synchronizing Square data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Square.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Square.
Square-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Square:
In the Data Integration product, Square connections are supported only for packages, which use a new data integration runtime.
Make sure you select the Use new runtime check box on the tab bar if you want to use Square in your package. You need to select this check box each time you create a new data integration package.
- Skyvia supports import operations for Square objects:
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE: BreakTypes, CatalogCategory, CatalogCustomAttributeDefinition, CatalogDiscount, CatalogItem, CatalogItemOption, CatalogItemOptionValue, CatalogItemVariation, CatalogMeasurementUnit, CatalogModifierList, CatalogPricingRule, CatalogProductSet, CatalogQuickAmountsSettings, CatalogSubscriptionPlan, CatalogTax, CatalogTimePeriod, CustomerGroups, Customers, Invoices.
- INSERT, UPDATE: Locations, Orders.
- INSERT, DELETE: DisputeEvidence.
- INSERT: DeviceCodes, Payments, Refunds.
- DELETE: CatalogImage.
- UPDATE: WorkweekConfigs.
- Skyvia supports Replication with Incremental Updates selected for all Square objects, except BankAccounts, DisputeEvidence, InventoryChanges,InventoryCount, Merchants, Settlements, TeamMemberBookingProfiles.
- Skyvia supports Synchronization for all Square objects, except Locations, BankAccounts, DisputeEvidence, InventoryChanges, InventoryCount, Merchants, Settlements, TeamMemberBookingProfiles, Orders.
- The following Square objects are not supported in Skyvia: CashDrawerShifts, Checkout, ApplePay, Terminal, Subscriptions, TeamMembers, Shift, Bookings.
- Square requires an order Id for reading data from the Orders object. Thus, you need to provide Id values when reading data from the Orders table — either in filters or in the WHERE clause.
When creating a Square connection, you need to select environtment type to use (Production or Sandbox) and log in with Square. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Square account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Square connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, find and select Square.
- In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
Select environtment type to use — Production or Sandbox.
Click Sign In with Square.
In the opened window, enter your Square credentials and click Sign in.
- Wait until the necessary data are transmitted and then click Create Connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Square connector supports the following actions: