Connecting to Shopify
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows anyone to sell online, at their retail location and everywhere in between.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data to and from Shopify, exporting Shopify data to CSV files, replicating Shopify data to relational databases, and synchronizing Shopify data with other cloud apps and relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup supports Shopify backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Shopify.
Shopify-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Shopify:
Some of the Shopify objects can be accessed only via their parent objects. For example, to query CustomerAddresses, Shopify API requires the ID of the corresponding Customer. To get ProductVariants records, Shopify API requires the ID of the corresponding Product.
Skyvia does not require the ID of the parent object from user. If you don’t specify the IDs of the parent objects (for example, in a filter), Skyvia queries all the parent object records first, takes their IDs and then queries child object records for each parent object record. This allows querying child objects without knowing their parents, but this method takes much time and consumes many API calls. It uses at least one API call for every parent object record (for example, product). Thus, working with ProductVariants can be very slow.
Because of this, it is strongly recommended to use filters on the parent object fields when querying data from such child objects. This reduces the number of parent object records, for which child object data must be queried.
When creating a Shopify connection, you simply log in with Shopify. The OAuth authentication token is stored on the Skyvia server. Your Shopify account login and password are not stored on the Skyvia server.
To create a Shopify connection, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Open the Select Connector page by clicking Connection in the menu on the left.
- In the opened pane, click Shopify.
- In the Connection Editor page, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
Specify your Shopify Store. You need to specify the full domain name, not just the store part of it:
- Click Sign In with Shopify.
In the opened window, enter your email and click the Next button.
Afterwards, enter your password and click the Log in button.
To get started, you will need to verify your email. Click the Verify email address button.
Follow the link sent to your mailbox.
- Click it and wait until the necessary data are transmitted.
- Click Create Connection to create the connection.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Shopify connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source, Lookup, and Target Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.
- Insert in Target Data Flow components.
- Update in Target Data Flow components.
- Delete in Target Data Flow components.