Survicate is a customer feedback automation solution that supports email, in-product, web and mobile surveys.
Data integration: Skyvia supports importing data from Survicate to other applications, exporting its data to CSV files, and replicating Google Analytics data to relational databases.
Backup: Skyvia Backup does not support Survicate backup.
Query: Skyvia Query supports Survicate.
Survicate-Specific Features and Limitations
Skyvia has the following limitations for Survicate:
Skyvia cannot write data to Survicate, its data is read-only.
Skyvia does not support Synchronization and Replication with Incremental Updates for Survicate.
The VisitorId field of the Responses object can be NULL, depending on how the corresponding survey was configured, so it is not marked as the primary key.
Standard Responses fields are available as usual columns:
Other fields are available as fields of a JSON object, stored in the CustomAttributes column. For example, this column can have the following value:
Besides, we have made the following fields available both as separate columns and via the CustomAttributes column for user convenience: Industry, Identity, Comment, PageUrl, Language, Tags, VisitorHash.
To connect to Survicate, you need to specify your API Key. To obtain a Survicate API Key, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your Survicate account.
- Click the gear button in the top right corner and select Access Keys
- Copy the API Key value.
To create a Survicate connection in Skyvia, perform the following steps:
- Click +NEW in the top menu.
- Click Connection in the menu on the left to open the Select Connector page.
- In the opened pane, click Survicate.
- In the Connection Editor page, in the Untitled field, specify a connection name that will be used to identify the connection.
Paste your API key to the API Key field.
- Use the Test Connection button to make sure that the connection is successful and then click Create Connection.
- API Key — REST API key used for connecting to Survicate.
Suppressing Extended Requests
For some objects, Survicate API returns only part of the fields when querying multiple records. In order to query values of additional fields, Skyvia performs additional extended requests. Such API requests can be performed for each record of such object. However, this can decrease performance and significantly increase the number of API calls used.
To reduce the number of API calls, you can select the Suppress Extended Requests checkbox. However, please note that some of the fields in such objects will not be available in Skyvia (will return empty values) even if they have values in Survicate because Survicate API does not return them without extended requests.
Supported Actions and Actions Specifics
Survicate connector supports the following actions:
- Execute Command in Source and Lookup Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Execute Query in Source Data Flow components and in Import and Export tasks in the Advanced mode.
- Lookup in Lookup Data Flow components.